Welcome to Lion LinQ where our company helps your company make the most of social media and integrated marketing campaigns!
Our team is comprised of real people who really care about our clients. “ She [Lion LinQ] collected the specific information about my business and goals necessary to offer many tailored recommendations” –MAD Designs. The people on our team are experts in SEO, social media,blogging, grassroots & community based marketing, and web design. We tailor our services to the needs of each specific customer based on their business, practice, and industry. Collectively, we’ve gained hundreds of new followers and fans and coached business owners to success.
From Family Business to CEO
“It all started in 2001 when Lori became the very first student at Elite Martial Arts in Rockaway New Jersey. In the next decade she went on to become a black belt, the head instructor, the manager, and finally the co-owner in her Brother David’s Martial Arts school. The joy of coaching their students and transforming lives quickly became her passion.
In the years to come, their team traveled the country networking and learning from industry leaders in the Martial Arts. This is where Lori had her first real training on what it meant to consistently market their business through various marketing streams. She received one-on-one mentoring on exactly how to set up an effective grassroots and community presence. From then on she championed the marketing efforts of the company: distributing lead boxes and collecting leads, making warm calls, sending direct mailers, asking students for referrals, creating local business partnerships, email marketing, and eventually social media marketing. Her passion for changing lives through Martial Arts only grew as she became effective at reaching her community; her sincere desire to help became a vehicle for her results-driven strategies. She quickly became known for her effectiveness and people began to know her for her marketing success.
√ Copywriting Wiz – Researches and develops any topic to create compelling narratives that tell a brand’s story
√ Analytics Mastermind – Sifts through mountains of data to understand and optimize marketing campaigns
√ World Explorer – Travels across the globe all while holding down a steady job
√ Psychology and History major at Fordham University set to graduate this May with a B.S. in Psychology with a minor in History.
√ Rowing and swimming athlete since high school, I apply the athletic principles and discipline I have learned to my everyday life.
√ I have always had a passion for writing in any form, but have recently found out how much I enjoy blog and content writing!
Check out our debut on SOMAtv : Community & Business
Facebook Reactions: Like, Love, Laugh!
Ever wish you could be a little more specific with how you feel about an article or funny picture on Facebook? Now you can! Click and hold the like button and new options will pop up! It works from laptops, tablets, desktops, and even mobile.
It’s important that you use this new feature for a few reasons. First, Facebook is doing something for you, not just for their benefit. Second, you get to really give your honest feedback to content curators. Let them know when you think something is ridiculous or hilarious. It helps business pages especially to understand what the heck we’re all looking for as potential customers. Last but not least, it injects a little bit more love in the world. You can show someone who’s grieving not that you like their situation but that you’re sad with them or for them. Hit that heart to share some LOVE!
What does your email etiquette say about you?
For many of us this topic is a no brainer. But surprisingly what we’re finding more often than not is people really don’t have a grasp on professional email protocol. We’re here to reveal the worst habits and what you should do to make sure you avoid them.
- The Cricket Effect
- You can’t go quiet or be stagnant for any extended period of time. This applies to everyone from Doctors to accountants to the mom & pop shop down the road. You cannot skip an email from a potential customer and expect them to stay interested, right? Plus, if a client is counting on you for urgent or time-sensitive information and you let life get in the way, you’re guaranteed to lose valuable, long term relationships.
- Here’s what you do: If you know you’re terrible at communicating the same day, set up an auto-responder that lets your customer know that you love them and that you’ll be in touch within 24 hours to buy you some time. You’ll never have dead air time and they at least know you received their inquiry and will be helping them soon.
- Always an Excuse
- Unfortunately, we all have phones, tablets, laptops and even desktops at our fingertips – which means we all know if we sent you an email you’ve likely received it. So other than a true technical glitch occurring, you’ve got to stop using “I didn’t see it” it as an excuse.
- Here’s what you do: Sync your email up to your phone so you can at least let your client, patient, customer, or prospect know you’ve heard them. Additionally, always check your sneaky spam box!
- Never Any Time
- If you’re guilty of saying you never have enough time to go through all of your emails then it’s kind of like saying you don’t care enough to answer people who made the time for you – ouch.
- Here’s what you do: Designate 1 time per day to respond to urgent/important emails and ignore the rest. Once you’ve stuck with checking it 1 time per day for a few weeks, amp it up. Oh and if you’re not using Gmail you’re missing out on a HUGE time saver. They have filters in place to organize your social updates, promotions, and important updates, but you can add custom filters, too.
- Forgetting Something?
- There’s nothing worse than sending someone an email with more than one question and only getting one answer in return.
- Here’s what you do: Respond to their message in line which means instead of starting a whole new email simply answer each of their questions right in the body of their message. Use a different color font and leave them impressed with your attention to detail.
- No Contact Info
- It’s super important to give people ways to contact you other than email. Not everyone favors email and not every conversation is meant to take place over the computer. If you always forget to include your contact info, we have the cure.
- Here’s what you do: Go to the settings of your email account and make a customized signature for yourself You can even link people directly to your site or social media! Here’s what mine looks like:
- Cookie Cutter
- If you’ve got most of this down but you’re looking for a way to stand out, make your emails a little more special. Your sign off can say a lot about you or nothing at all. People may not even bother reading it if it’s the same as everyone else’s.
- Here’s what you do: Make your sign-off you by including something relevant to your business. I’ve seen yogini’s say “In Peace” instead of “respectfully” for example.
- Going Overboard
- Ok who really reads an email that looks more like an essay? No one. But if you’re at work and you must include a ton of info there’s a great way to keep everyone captivated.
- Here’s what you do: FORMAT IT! Bold key points, use different colors to indicate urgent information, underline, keep it in an outline format, and eliminate any data that’s unnecessary.
- Too Emojional
- First remember to never send an email when you’re upset! I mean never. Second, emails don’t convey emotion but people can interpret your wording differently than you meant it to come out.
- Here’s what you do: So don’t overdo it on the emoticons, suggest a phone call or in-person meeting for anything that can be easily misconstrued.
- We’ve all had that moment when our stomach drops as we realize we just sent a private email to the wrong person or hit reply all by accident. Never fear, there is a solution!
- Here’s what you do: You can UNDO your sent email!
- Secrets, Secrets are no fun
- If your boss is adamant that they need to see outgoing messages or you want to include certain people without the sender knowing, there’s a super easy fix.
- Here’s what you do: Add their email to the “BCC” line. It means blind carbon copy so the receiver has no idea these people are also able to see the email.
If you like our post feel free to share it, or comment and tell us what you think!
Affordable and Easy Local Marketing Ideas
So many small business owners struggle to find time or resources to market their businesses locally. So, with a very small budget, we’ve come up with 5 thrifty and creative ideas to get your business known locally.
Become a local authority in your community .. on a budget!
- Plan ahead! If you know what holidays, local events, and charities you support each year, plan to have a discount, special, or event at designated times. As soon as you secure the details for your major marketing staples of the year, order your advertising materials from gotprint.com. Starting at around $20 for 1000+ pieces, you can make a huge dent in your community for just pennies!
- Reverse B2B! Instead of going to neighboring businesses to ask what they have to offer, go with gifts for them! Offer their staff juicy deals at your business, bring BOGO cards, give something for free. Guess what? Other businesses will automatically want to partner with you! You’ll be known around town as someone of service, who wouldn’t want to work with you?
- Party Central! Find reasons to celebrate your town and host parties for the community – totally free.Invite local businesses and either charge them or offer them a free space if they contribute supplies. Show your community you care about them by giving them something for free, they’ll very likely become paying customers. Here’s some cute ideas to get you started: http://www.partyexcuses.com
- Double Sided! Work with a local business in town by offering them FREE marketing materials. Here’s how it works: let’s say you’re running an event and want to spread the word quickly. Get double sided marketing pieces made up with your special event on the front and their special offer on the back. They will hand out those flyers like crazy and constantly refer their patrons to YOUR The cost of the marketing pales in comparison to the foot traffic and word of mouth you’ll receive.
- Social Butterfly! Take your local community efforts ONLINE! Get your neighbors who love you to say it on Facebook. Offer incentives if people give honest reviews on Yelp. Review other local businesses to become an authority on your local market. If you need help generating ideas, this is our specialty! Get some free stuff from us and let us make a difference for you http://lionlinq.com/social-media-101!
If you loved this article, tell us in the comments! And make sure you reach out to us for any local marketing questions or social media inquiries at http://lionlinq.com/contact/ or email@example.com.